The System Service Exception Error in Windows 10 is one of the BSOD (Blue Screen of Death) errors. It is a common BSOD error that still occurs in Windows 10. Many other BSOD errors like Bad Pool Header, DPC Watchdog Violation, System Thread Exception Not Handled, and more.
Such errors in Windows 10 are annoying as your system restarts anytime, and your work might not get saved.
Also Read- FIX: Critical Process Died Error in Windows 10/11
What is System Service Exception Error in Windows 10?
In Windows 10, the error is shown as SYSTEM_SERVICE_EXCEPTION and is a little bit tricky to solve. It is said that this BSOD error is usually caused when the process on your PC tries to move from nonprivileged to privileged code.
It is also caused due to an incompatible driver or software in the system that is not compatible. Don’t worry; we are here to help you out with the fixes to solve this error in Windows 10.
How to Fix System Service Exception in Windows 10?
There are several methods for fixing the issue. Here I’m going to share with you the methods to solve the System Service Exception BSOD error.
Method 1: Update Installed Drivers
Sometimes, Windows update doesn’t get the correct driver version. So, update the drivers by following the steps:
- In the Search box, type device manager and open it
- Look for Display Adapters and expand it
- Do right-click on your graphics card and click on update driver
- Your system will automatically find new drivers for your GPU
- Wait for the process to finish and then restart your computer.
Method 2: Run SFC scan
System File Check (SFC) is a tool that checks for corrupted and missing windows files.
- In the search bar, type cmd and then right-click on it and select Run as administrator.
- In the Command Prompt, type the following command DISM /online /cleanup-image /restorehealth and press enter.
- Wait for few minutes to complete the process.
- Once it’s done, type sfc /scannow and press Enter.
Close everything and restart your PC to check whether the error is solved or not.
Method 3: Run the Troubleshooter
- Open Settings by pressing Windows + I keys together OR click on the start menu and open settings.
- Head to Update & Security and then on Troubleshoot from the left-hand side
- Here, find BSOD and click on Run the troubleshooter
- Follow the instructions given on the screen and then restart your computer.
Method 4: Run the Windows Memory Diagnostic tool
- In the search box, type memory diagnostic and open Memory Diagnostic Tool
- Next window, tap on Restart now and check for problems
- Your system will restart.
Method 5: Update BIOS
If nothing works, then try the dangerous measure, update your BIOS. However, doing this can be risky as you don’t know what you are doing and if something goes wrong, then leave your motherboard unusable.
Method 6: Reset Windows 10
Resetting Windows 10 will get a completely fresh set of files. It clears the issues related to System Service Exception errors and keeps the important files intact.
- Open Settings by pressing the Windows key + I
- Tap on Update & Security and then on Recovery
- Under Reset this PC, click on Get Started
- Your computer will restart. (Before doing this, make sure you take backup of your files)
- When your PC restarts, you can select Keep my files or Remove everything
The methods we have listed above will surely help you solve System Service Exception errors in Windows 10. If you know any other fixes, then do share them with us in the comment section.