After using Windows 11, there’s a surety that this is the best Windows version ever. However, for a lot of good animation and thumbnails, windows make more temporary and dump files, affecting your PC’s speed.
Temporary internet files, DirectX shader cache, and other temporary files also take a lot of storage. Sometimes it’s around or above 3GB if you haven’t cleared these unnecessary files. These files do not have any specific role in any windows activities; they were just past ones.
Windows has a whole idea about these files. They have already given a Disk Cleanup feature to clean up these files easily in just six steps and get more free storage.
Also Read- How To Rotate Screen on a Windows 11
Run Disk Cleanup From The Start Menu on Windows 11
Hence, this article will share a step-by-step guide on using Disk Cleanup in Windows 11. The steps we’re going to share will be elementary; follow them as mentioned below. Let’s check out.
- Go to your start menu, click on the search bar, and type Disk Cleanup. Next, open the Disk Cleanup option from the list.
- After opening Disk Cleanup, it will show you the option to select the drive. So you have to choose (C:) Drive only and then click OK.
- Right after selecting the drive, you will see a dialog box that offers you to choose categories that you want, some types of files would already be selected. You can scroll the list and select an individual category by clicking on the checkbox preceding each listing.
- By selecting the files, you can see the total disk space you can gain as you can choose all of them and click on OK to go next step.
- In the final steps, you can see a warning, “Are you sure you want to delete these files permanently?” you can delete these without any doubt, so click on Delete Files to clean up waste files.
- In the Final Step, You will have a progress bar, which might take some time to delete trash files if the size of files is large. You don’t have to close this, and it will close automatically by itself.
- After this process, you have successfully removed all the unnecessary files from your system using Disk Cleanup. You can do this on a weakly basis by which your PC can breathe into more space.
Automatic Disk Cleanup Using Storage Sense On Windows 11
You can also use an effortless alternative feature, Storage Sense, that automatically operates Disk Cleanup. With Storage Sense, you can also create a schedule to run Disk Cleanup periodically on your Windows 11 PC.
- To enable Storage Sense, Go to your PC settings and click on the Storage option.
- As you can see, there is a Storage Sense feature in the Storage Management; now turn it on.
- Click on Storage Sense. Now, we have to set up the Cleanup schedules options to make it perform better.
- the first option is to Run Storage Sense on a scheduled basis; you have to choose a preferred frequency to run disk cleanup.
- After clicking it to select your preferred schedule, I recommend you to choose Every week or Every day.
- Remain other options as default, and in the final, click on Run Storage Sense now.
- Necessary: Make sure you have clicked the ‘Clean up temporary files’ section to automatically clean up temporary system files and app files.
- You have enabled your Storage Sense to sense your system’s dump files and delete them automatically.