RAM (Random Access Memory) holds the programs and processes that are running on your PC. The more RAM your computer has, the more programs you can run at once with better performance.
If your computer has less RAM, it will affect your system’s performance and run slow. When there is low RAM on the PC, it uses a “page file,” a part of the storage drive that acts as RAM. But, this is actually slower than the original RAM, which is why your Windows PC works slowly.
So, if your system is working slowly because of less RAM, you can increase it without paying any money. Yes, you can increase random access memory for free on your Windows 10. On Windows 10, there is “Virtual RAM,” which increases the amount of RAM on your PC. So, let us check out what’s the process of increasing RAM via “Virtual RAM.”
2 Increase RAM On Windows 10, 11 without buying it
The main reason for increasing the memory is to prevent crashes. So, let’s check out the ways to increase ram in windows 10 for free.
1. Check Installed RAM
First, you need to check out the installed RAM on your PC. Follow the steps:
- First, open Settings on your Computer by pressing Windows key + I together. Or type settings in the search bar and open it.
- Then from the next window, click on System
- From the left-hand side, menu click on About
- There, you will see device information on the right side
- Here, check the installed RAM on Computer.
Now, as you have seen the RAM on your PC, let’s check out how to increase the virtual RAM.
2. Increase Virtual RAM
Steps to increase Virtual RAM on Windows 10.
- Open the Run window by pressing Windows + R keys together.
- Now, type “system.cpl” and press enter
- It will open System Properties.
- Now, click on the Advanced tab and click on “Settings” under the performance tab.
- In Performance Options, go to the “Advanced” tab.
- Now, in “Adjust for the best performance of,” click on the “Programs” option.
- Then, click on “Change” under the Virtual Memory section and change the file size.
- In this window, uncheck the option “Automatically manage paging file size for all drives.”
- Now, decide the storage option to use as paged file resources.
- Then select “C:” drive and click on “Custom Size.”
- Now, set the maximum and initial size (Calculate it according to the available memory on your device)
- Click on Set. You might see a warning message; if you get it, then click on Yes.
- Then click on OK then Apply > OK.
That’s it! You have successfully increased the virtual RAM on your Windows 10 PC.
If you want to run more programs at once and have less RAM, there is no other way to increase RAM to your machine. However, adding RAM is not cheap, but it helps you a lot.
It is effortless to increase RAM on a desktop, but it might not be easy due to limited space on Laptop. And the main thing you need to keep in mind is before you buy RAM, first check it is compatible with your system or not. Look at the documentation of your PC and check the details of RAM, or else you can take help from Online forums.
Online you will see many sites that claim to download more RAM; all these things are fake, do not fall for it. Except for the Virtual RAM method, there is no other method to download or increase ram for free.