Is your Windows PC having Wifi connectivity issues and getting disconnected frequently? Many Windows users are reporting this issue, especially after they upgraded the OS. One of the main reasons for this error is the old Wifi driver, or Windows, is turning the network driver off.
This error can be annoying if your work is online or you are a gamer. Anyways, if you are facing this Wifi disconnecting error, then some fixes help you to solve it.
How to Fix Wifi Keeps Disconnecting on Windows?
If the error occurs for the first time, then you can just restart your Wifi manually or reboot your computer. Then check whether the issue is solved or not. And if you are facing the problem repeatedly, then check out the fixes given below.
Method 1: Set your Home Network as Private
Poor Wifi settings can be the cause of the error. Many of them have reported that public networks may cause issues with internet connection. So, fix it by setting your Wifi networks to private.
- Click on the Wifi network icon in the Taskbar.
- Click on the network’s properties link. (Network on which you are connected)
- Look for Network Profile and make changes in the connection to Private
Now, test if your Internet is still disconnecting or not.
Method 2: Keep Wifi Driver ON
If your system is turning off the driver whenever it goes into sleep mode. Follow the steps and keep your Wifi Driver ON:
- In the search box, type Network Connections.
- From the results, click on “View network connections.“
- Now, do right-click on the Wifi you are using and click on “Properties.”
- In the next window, click on Configure that is on the right-hand side.
- Go to the Power Management tab and uncheck. Allow the computer to turn off this device to save the power box.
- Click ok and save changes.
Restart your computer and check whether the issue is solved or not.
Method 3: Disable WiFi Sense
Try to disable this feature to check if it is causing interference with Wifi.
- Click on Windows Key + I to open Settings Or click on Start Menu and open settings.
- Tap on Network & Internet
- Go to the Wifi section and click on the Manage Wifi Settings link
- Scroll down and look for the Wifi Sense option
- Under Connect to networks shared by my contacts, Toggle off the switch
Restart your PC and check whether the internet connection issue is solved or not.
Method 4: Change the power-saving mode of Wireless adapter
- Open Run by pressing Windows Key + R together
- Type control.exe powercfg.cpl,,3 and hit enter
- From the top dropdown, select High Performance
- Expand Wireless adapter settings by double-clicking on it
- Expand Power Saving mode and select Maximum performance in settings
- Click ok and save changes.
Method 5: Reset TCP/IP configuration
- Type cmd in the search box and do right-click on Command prompt and click on Run as administrator
- Copy and paste the given commands one by one and press enter after each command.
ipconfig /release ipconfig /renew arp -d * nbtstat -R nbtstat -RR ipconfig /flushdns ipconfig /registerdns netsh winsock reset netsh int ip reset c:\resetlog.txt
These solutions have helped you to solve the internet connecting issue. Your problem should be resolved with these fixes, do share your thoughts with us by commenting in the comment section below.