Want to record something on Windows 10 with the original sound quality? Then enable the stereo mix tool on your computer. Stereo Mix allows you to record the yield stream, like live-streaming sounds, communicating radio, and more. The Stereo mix comes as a default for some of the sound cards, but Windows 10 users need to enable it on the system.
What is Stereo Mix?
Stereo Mix is a tool with which you can record the output stream of a computer. It lets you record the thing that comes out from the speakers, like the exact sound that we hear in the speaker. So this tool is convenient for recording the sound of a site.
However, by default, Stereo Mix is disabled on the computer, so many couldn’t use it. If you want, you can enable the tool on your system by following a few easy steps.
How to Enable Stereo Mix Tool in Windows 10?
There are a couple of methods to enable Stereo Mix in Windows. So, let’s get started and check out few ways.
Method 1: Enable Stereo Mix from Sound
- Open Run window by pressing Windows Key + R
- Now, enter the mmsys.cpl and hit enter to open Sounds utility
- When the Sound window opens, go to the Recording tab
- In the blank space, do right-click and check the option, show disabled devices
- Now, Stereo Mix is visible in the list of drivers.
- Do right-click on it and click on enable option.
- Click on Apply and then OK to save changes.
Stereo Mix will show a green mark on it, which means it is enabled on your PC.
Method 2: Turn ON the Microphone access
- Open the Settings window on your PC and click on Privacy
- On the left-hand side, click on Microphone
- Under the Microsoft option, you will see the “Change” option and turn ON “Microphone access for this device.
- Scroll down and “Allow desktop apps to access your microphone” toggle On this setting.
This will enable the Stereo Mix on your system.
Method 3: Update the Audio Driver
If nothing works, try to update the audio driver.
- Open Run window by pressing Windows key + R
- Type devmgmt.msc and press enter
- Now, from the list, click on “Sound, video and game controllers. “
- Do right-click on the audio device and click on “Update driver.“
- Click on search automatically for drivers.
This will install the latest audio driver on your system.
Method 4: Install Stereo Mix Driver
- Do right-click on the Start Menu (Windows icon) and click on “System.”
- Check device specifications on your PC; if the system is “64-bit” or “32-bit, “download the codec.
- Visit the Realtek website from the given link.
- Scroll down and look for the codec according to the system type 64 or 32
- Click on the download icon beside it
- Now, check the box of the accept the above statement
- Enter your email ID and click on “Download this file.”
- Select the location for the codec file and click on Save.
- Close the browser window and open the File Explorer window
- Double click on the downloaded package.
- Click on next to install it, and once it’s done, tap on Finish.
- Open Run Window and type “mmsys.cpl” and press enter
- In Sounds utility, go to the recording tab
- Do right-click on the space and check the option “Show disabled device.”
- You will see Stereo Mix in the list.
- Now, do right-click on this option and click on “Enable.”
- Click on Apply and OK.
So, these are some of the ways to enable the Stereo Mix tool on Windows 10. It’s not a big issue; follow the given steps from the given methods.