There are different types of web browsers available for every platform. However, Safari is one of the most popular browsers by Apple. It is Apple’s proprietary web browser, and it exclusively works with Apple products only. On all Apple devices, Safari is the default browser, even though most prefer to use Chrome.
If you were using macOS and have been switched to Windows and want to use Safari browser on Windows 10, then what can you. As of now, Apple has stopped developing Safari for the latest Windows OS.
The older versions of Safari from 2012 are available for Windows. So, if you download the old version, you will not get the latest features, no up-to-date security patches, and might get some other issues. Most of the users doesn’t download safari in Window now, but if you need it then here you go.
Steps to Download & Install Safari on Windows 10?
The older version of Safari is available to download that was released in 2012. It is available on Apple AppStore and can be downloaded with both 32 and 64-bit Windows 10, Windows 8, and Windows 7.
Note: You will not get the latest version of the browser for Windows 10, so do not fall for any fake links.
Steps to Download and Install Safari:
- First of all download Safari (5.1.7) from the given link.
- Once it is downloaded, go to the download folder on your PC and look for the file
- Double-click on the file and install it.
- Tap on Run to start the installation process.
- Now, click on the Next button and if you see the User access control window, press Yes.
- Accept the software agreement and click on Next.
- Select the options you need and tap on Next.
- Now, click on Install and wait for the process to complete.
- That’s it! Safari is now available on your Windows 10.
The installation process is so easy, just follow the above-given steps, or can follow the instructions given on the screen.
Features of Safari Browser
Safari has a lot of users as it has unique features and a simple design. It is easy to use with a user-friendly interface. Let us check out some of the best features of the most popular web browser by Apple.
- It is the world’s fastest web browser, it does not take time to load. If you have used it anytime, then you might know.
- The only browser that comes with the DuckDuckGo feature. Everything is secure and can’t be traced.
- It has the in-built energy-saving feature.
- Safari stops the malicious sites from loading and shows a warning message is the site is fake.
- It allows you to pin your favorite sites to access it quickly.
- You can watch videos via a web page on your TV as AirPlay is enabled.
- There is a Mute Tab to mute the audio if you don’t want it to play automatically.
What Safari Versions can be Downloaded on Windows?
You can still download the Safari version 5.1.7 on Windows 10, Windows 8, Windows 7. It works fine, but will not get the latest updates of the browser.
Why should you download and install Safari for Windows?
Safari runs smoothly and is a free browser with a great user interface. As compared to other browsers it runs faster and also performance-wise it is better.
Is Safari Browser available for Windows?
Apple is no longer developing Safari for Windows. So, you will only get the older version of the browser and not the latest one.
Why is Apple not Developing Safari for Windows?
There might be different reasons for discontinuing Safari for Windows. The possibility can be due to the low market share on windows. Another reason might be it takes longer to develop, or more.
Can I Install Safari on Windows?
Yes, Windows users can install Safari officially but not the latest version.