Though Windows 10 is clever enough to adjust the RAM accordingly to ongoing processes, there are times you may need more RAM to be allocated for a specific task. These could be resource-intensive tasks like gaming, graphic designing, or video editing. Applications of such need more RAM to process the work smoothly. Thus, it needs a special allocation of it.
Though Windows 10 automatically adjusts it, you can prioritize the RAM allocation to a specific task, thereby making it run effectively as needed. This happens through Task Manager, where you can divert the RAM power to tasks where it’s needed much. Here’s how to do it;
Also Read- How to Customize Your Windows 10 PC
Steps to Allocate More RAM to Specific Program in Windows 10
- First up, open the Task Manager. You can get to this either by keyboard shortcuts (Ctrl + Shift+ Esc) or by Start Menu – by typing Task Manager in it.
- Here, you’d see all the tasks actively running on your system, where you can configure resources as needed.
- Now, go to the Details tab, where you’d see the same processes running. Here, select the task you want to prioritize RAM allocation for.
- Upon selecting one, right-click on it to see the available options.
- Here, you’ll find Set Priority, which in turn shows various options from low to high. Please set it to High or Above Normal (based on your preferences).
- This will prompt a dialogue box asking you to confirm the configuration. Click on Change priority to save the changes.
That’s it. Now you’ll see more RAM (resources) allocated to the task you’ve selected for. This should make the process run smoothly and better. You can similarly downgrade the priority, too, for the apps you don’t feel much of the RAM is necessary.